Fall has arrived, and there is no better time to enjoy classic, flavorful brews. With four fantastic fall options, brewing is now more exciting and versatile than ever.
The color amber reflects the colors of fall in and of itself. This creamy toasted malt flavored brew mixes perfectly at a bonfire on a chilly night.
- It is best to start with a high-quality base malt with some medium to dark Crystal malts and try to ferment cool to keep the flavor clean.
2. Brown Brews
This darker brew blends a nutty roasted toffee and caramel flavoring mix to warm your senses thoroughly. This warmer brew can be enjoyed on a beautiful fall day as the leaves slowly descend from the trees.
- When brewing, keep an eye on the color. If it needs to be darker, adding Crystal malts will add color, body, and flavor.
3. Oktoberfest Brews
These fall brews are the most popular of all the fall styles. The intense amber color mixed with a malty medium-to-full bodied flavor brings a crisp bite to the fall weather.
- Because this brew needs to lagered, it needs to start the brewing process early, March or April would be best.
4. Pumpkin Ale Brews
With pumpkin ale brews, you have a vast array of versatility in the brewing process. This brew can be lighter or darker and thicker depending on the brewing process.
- Adding actual pumpkin makes this a stand out beer but should be added during the mash, boil and fermenting process.
- Include spices along with the pumpkin, but remember, a little goes a long way. You can always add more if needed.
The changing seasons bring a much-needed coolness to the air and a bountiful harvest. With these unique fall brews, we can relish in the versatility and warmth while quenching our thirst.